It’s true. It’s the way to a mans heart. My hubby loves to pig out for Father’s Day. And you all know how I like to prep the day before an event (then I can enjoy the guest and the day too), so I spent my Saturday in the kitchen. Like a good little wife. Coincidentally barefoot. Empty uterus, though.
Here’s some of our grub:
Everyone has a family recipe for these things. If not, here. Take mine and once your fam has tasted one, it’s instant addiction.
- 2 packages of oyster crackers
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (NOT the dip mix)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dillweed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together everything except the crackers. I put those ingredients in a Tupperware container so I can snap the lid on and shake the heck out them to mix them up well.
- Pour mix over crackers. Again in a container with a tight sealing lid to shake the heck out of.
- Let sit overnight so the crackers soak in all the flavors.
Again, people have many variations of fruit salad. Mines the best, clearly. Try it and see for yourself.
- 16 oz pears halves (drained)
- 16 oz sliced peaches (drained)
- 20 oz pineapple chunks
- 1 large bunch grapes (halved)
- 3 sliced kiwi fruits
- 3 sliced bananas
- 4 oz jar marocchino cherries (drained and sliced)
- 3.4 oz package instant lemon pudding mix
- Slice pears and peaches into bite size pieces and add to large storage bowl with lid.
- Slice grapes, kiwis, and cherries and add to bowl.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice.
- Sprinkles pudding on top of fruit and stir gently.
- Chill overnight.
- Add sliced bananas prior to serving.
Now go love on the fathers and father figures in your world!